Achieve centralized spend transparency and cost & service optimizations for cable services across all 280 centers nationwide. Create spend controls, policies and guidelines for onboarding and off boarding centers, establish national contracts and inventory controls.
Nation's largest post-acute care provider achieves nationwide standardization and spend visibility with cable providers.
- Decentralized data: 280 centers, 20 vendors and over 150 inactive contracts.
- Unavailability of many cable agreements, ad hoc “service” charges.
- Expired services still being billed, multiple cable accounts in use at one center.
- Ongoing center divestments & acquisitions.
- Created and distributed a center wide survey, allowing for self submission of contracts and invoices by each center administrator in order to get an accurate reading on the current state.
- Established a rolling baseline for all centers and as refresh progressed, determined savings each quarter.
- Ran a nationwide RFP to solidify the best pricing, incentives and multiple tiered service packages for client to choose from.
- Recommended to use the Champion-Challenger model and award business 80% to one vendor and 20% to another. This gave them a contingency plan for all subsequent optimization phases.
- Advised to create a center divestment strategy, in which all incoming operators assume the current cable contract.
- The program created allowed the client to rollout to newly acquired centers at the locked in rate according to the master agreement.
- Identified current state through surveying and data collection
- Implemented a phased solution to refresh expired contracts and narrow the service and pricing gaps
- Created master service agreements with standardized services, channel packages and pricing across two different vendors
- Implemented a policy and monitoring procedure to effectively onboard and offboard centers